The Best Contractors & Maintenance Service.
Contact Us For A Quote Today!
A BIT ABOUT US.
We have dabbled in a lot of Diverse Projects. We have a Robust Team filled with Ample amounts of Experience and Expertise.
We specialize in Post-Production Services
WHAT OUR CLIENTS THINK.
“Value for Money”
“Best Customer Support.”
“A Customer for Life.”
Life is what we make out of it. One of the best ideas in living our life to the fullest is knowing that our hard-earned money is put to good use. One way of doing it is by investing for the future like building and owning your own home.
Home builders in Brisbane want to be a part of that journey by making suggestions or intelligent recommendations on how you can acquire a perfect home for you and your family. Here are a few things to consider before you decide:
An individual or separate home
This is an excellent choice for a four-bedroom house, and you will have all the privacy that you need. The floor area is big enough to accommodate the living room, the kitchen and other utility rooms in your new house. The exterior parts are also ideal for a carport, a garden or even a playground for kids within a fence.
A split-type or duplex home
It’s always nice to share some time and space for other people who would like to experience the kind of living that we desire. A neighbour could give you a hand when working on something or somehow assist in cases of emergency. New friends allow us to discover a lot of things about life.
This type of dwelling allows you to customise everything in your house. When bedrooms are upstairs, there could be a lot of extra space for a recreation room or maybe a library within the ground floor. This will allow you more freedom to move to and fro around the house.
Did it ever cross your mind to go stargazing or partying with friends in a rooftop? If yes, then this is the type of property you should consider investing. Aside from that, you could also use some extra space for a warehouse or a storage room where you can keep things that are not regularly used for everyday living.
A condominium flat-type residence
You always have dreamt of your house with spiral stairs, a porch where you can sip coffee and a mezzanine floor that appears like a maze in the movies. This is probably the answer to your prayers. Considering this structure would likely give spare rooms for a music room or a library.
A studio-type abode
Aspiring movie directors, photographers, artists, and bloggers would really fall head over heels with this type of property. A bigger space could be utilized for shooting a segment, taking snapshots from a commercial model, hand or abstract painting or writing and composing a piece of music or blog content. All these and more could only be possible when you decide to put some of your blessings and resources in developing your hobbies and other crafts.
A single or a double door apartment
Perfectly ideal for travellers and or transients who would like to pay your place a visit for business or for pleasure. It’s a home away from home where one could take a nap after a day’s conference or training and a hot shower after competing for an athletic event in your local district.
Depending on whether you would like to take a jog or ride a bike, freedom is all yours to enjoy. Choosing home builders in Brisbane will give you all the chance to experience all that is good about life. Plus, you’ve got a chance to take a sip of coffee and a quick swim on a nearby beach while trying to look forward to watching a world-class performance on your LED television later in the evening.
Painting ideas to brighten up your outdoor space
A home’s well painted exterior can immediately add to its aesthetic appeal. Have you passed by homes which look beautiful just because the way those have been painted? The right exterior painting in Melbourne can help brighten up your outdoor space. The following are some ideas which you can implement to make your place look inviting.
Exterior house painting ideas
Whether you are someone who prefers the suave or sophisticated look or you prefer something beautiful and bright, there are several colours which can be mixed and matched to create an amazing and pleasant look.
- For a cool yet comfy look a combination of light yellow and white can do wonders. The light yellow colour is sunny enough to brighten up the place and when it I paired with white, it tends to become a little toned down so you don’t have to worry about it looking too bright and edgy. Keep in mind that the colour should be done in such a way that both the colours balance each other and for that you have to hire a professional for the exterior painting job.
- Blue combined with white is a pretty cool option as well. It works well for those who are looking to relax on the porch during the lazy Sunday afternoons. Blue is pleasing to the eyes and create a visual appearance of beauty and pleasing aesthetic. Also the best thing about blue is that it looks good in just about any hue. When classic blue is infused with bright white it can give the appearance of a colonial space.
- On the other hand terracotta and browns can work just as well. These just need to be used in the correct tone to create an aura of the Wild West and add an interesting look to your outdoor space. Terra cotta is pretty versatile because it can be used either sparingly or back to back on the whole exterior.
- Grey and white is another winning combination. It’s a colour coordination which rarely goes wrong. If you are looking for cool grace paired with a stately look, grey and white should be your first choice.
These are only some of the popular colour themes, which house painting Melbourne use to create aesthetic looking homes. If you have a colour combination in mind or even a picture of an exterior painting job which you admire, you could always ask for something similar.
However, it should be kept in mind that something which looks good on one house might not look the same on the other. The major difference could be the architectural style of the house, the neighbourhood where it is situated and the precision and experience with which the paint job has been carried out. This is why you should also listen to any paint ideas which your contractor would suggest for your home. You could always work around to finding something which would work in favour of your house and what you would like as well.
Wooden floors are a great way to add some character to your home. Since wooden flooring is pretty high investment, as a home owner your main focus should be to protect your investment. While timber floors tend to last a long time but due to high traffic and a bit of wear the tear they tend to lose their luster and shine. In order to maintain the original look of the timber floor and to ensure its longevity, timber floor polishing can be of great help.
There are several benefits of polishing a timber floor, these include all of the following:
- Floor polishing is a great way to offer some protection to a wooden floor. It can help harden the surface. This way cracks and fissures won’t appear in the flooring despite high traffic. If your floor already has a few cracks, it’s always better to have those filled before getting the floor polished. Wooden flooring is pretty expensive, a coat of polish can help protect the floor in the best possible way. In a way the polish acts as a barrier and doesn’t allow dust and debris to stele into the wood, thereby keeping it looking as good as new.
- Polishing a timber floor can help make it more resistant to any kind of stains. Once the floor is polished it becomes completely stain resistant. This is because the polish acts like a barrier. It doesn’t allow the stains to pass through the wooden surface. Plus if there is any kind of spill, wiping it off would suffice and prevent the stain from passing through or becoming permanent.
- This in turn helps prolong the life of your wooden floor. Unlike concrete floors, wooden floors are prone to a bit of extra wear and tear. The kind of weather also has an impact on the wooden floor. When the floor is polished the barrier prevents any kind of lasting damage. Tis holds true especially for homes where there are pets and children and the wear and tear tends to be higher.
- Polishing is a great way to keep safe from symptoms of asthma or any seasonal allergies. This is because a wooden floor which is polished gathers very little dust compared to a floor which has an exposed wooden area. Dust mites easily get absorbed into the wooden texture thus causing allergies. Polishing the floor prevents the dust or the dust mites from settling in.
- It can greatly help the appearance of an old wooden floor. Over a period of time as the wood starts to age, grooves and cracks start appearing in it. Once that starts to happen, floors start looking old and decrepit. In order to ensure that the wooden floor regains its luster, timber floor polishing is necessary. It can immediately add to the aesthetic appeal of the room and it’s a kind of home improvement which doesn’t have to cost a great deal.
Some people save for their whole life to build their own dream house. Building a custom house might be an exhausting process but surely is equally rewarding.
You have a piece of land on your dream location, and you have saved up money. Keep your mind clear and your ideas clearer. Decide what exactly you want.
Does your budget match your expenses? Have you thought the whole process through? If no, then do it before everything. Get your plan in place.
What else do you need? You need to choose the right person. Seek out a reliable and good house builder.
It might sound gruesome to hand over your project to someone, but house builder Canberra, with their professional outlook and attention to detail deliver quality.
Keep quality in focus
While searching your builder, selecting quality should be your priority. Your house will be the place you will be living your whole life, think big.
As you will be investing your money, check portfolios and previous work done by different builders. You can ask your friends and family for some good names in this field.
Choose someone you think capable to bring your lifelong dream into life. And your family will love living in a house you build for them.
Good communication is important between a builder and a client. Once you have selected one from the list of potential builders, share your plan with him in detail. You can also discuss your house map with your builder, in case you have doubts. Stay transparent with your builder.
Tell him about your cost estimate and how he will be breaking down the budget. Because your cost will increase your budget no matter what.
Ask him about his methodologies and how he begins with the whole process. The beforehand queries about the people your builder will be hiring for construction might save you from problems in the whole process.
Make all the uncertainties about your builder work clear before selecting a house builder. Understand your agreement well and you are taken by surprise before moving to the next step. And do not forget asking your builder about the timeline.
A well planned out plan is important for the best results. You do not want to spend on repairing the critical structure system. Save yourself from the cost of upgrading your home once its build.
Choose quality products
Do thorough research about the best material available in the market. The choice of the products you buy decides the longevity of your house.
Your builder should select quality material for the countertop to the frame of a window, and you can suggest him if you know any better option available.
Stay updated and discuss every detail with your builder if something is bothering you.
Information from various sources exist on how and when to buy properties in Hervey Bay. Realtors offer value of a property in a certain area with a specific cost estimate. Brokers can also help you get a house or land in certain areas within certain price ranges.
It is important to get an independent valuation before buying a property. Make sure you negotiate valuation fees before engaging in any financial transaction. Buying either land or a house has a lot of benefits. For instance, you can buy land and build your own house in your own different style.
Buying a house also comes with certain cons you might not want to deal with. For example, it could be that you do not like how some rooms have been designed. On the other hand, buying land and building a house on your terms can give you self-satisfaction. Here are the things to consider before buying a house or land:
4 Factors to Consider When Buying a Hervey Bay Property
Before you buy a house or a piece of land, consider the huge financial investment you are about to make. Consider your personal needs before you can buy a home. What’s your income amount? Do you have a family? Can you manage a huge financial investment?
If you can afford to buy a property, create a budget to work with. Clearly state what your needs are and go for a property you can afford. However, make sure it does not strain your financial resources after making the purchase. This budget may restrict which Hervey Bay builders you will be able to employ.
Consider the location of the property you want. Is it located in a town or urban area? Find out if the land is part of a bigger real estate. Is the location on the side of a highway or a side with good natural view?
If you have children, buy a property not far away from their school. Similarly, you wouldn’t want to buy a home far away from your workplace if you’re still working. Consider nearby social amenities such as hospitals, recreational centres, club houses, fitness centres etc.
Setbacks Associated with the Property
Setbacks are guidelines stating to what extent you can extend to the borders of the property when building. If you want to buy land, you can later develop it to build a house.
Local building departments deal with these kind of issues; they may dictate the size of home to build and affect where to put your house. If you are comfortable with the setbacks, you can go on and purchase a property of interest.
Consider the restrictions that might come with the property you want to purchase. Ensure the property you are buying do not have restrictions on how to build, usually provided by the architectural committee.
Your residential zoning differ from one place to another. Some places are zoned as either commercial or residential places. If you want a residential place, you wouldn’t buy a property that would neighbour a gas station.
Why you should have a Pergola built in your Backyard
If you have been planning of having a pergola built, you aren’t alone. There are quite a few people who wish to make their gardens or backyards look inviting. Pergolas are a great way to add some charm and classic appeal to an otherwise drab or boring outdoor space.
However if you aren’t too sure about why you should have one built, the following are a few reasons to help you decide. Choosing to have a pergola built in the backyard is a smart idea. The following are a few reasons why you actually should.
Create a classy outdoor space
Thinking about extending your house space? Pergolas are a great way to do so. Most pergolas Adelaide can serve as an outside dining room or a sitting area outside your home. Placing a pergola near a deck or a patio can help create a beautiful and delightful space. Plus you can enjoy the weather outside in comfort, just the way you enjoy the warm comfort of your home. No matter how comfy your home is there is an added charm of relaxing in an outdoor space. Imagine having the kids enjoy their play on a Sunday afternoon and you dozing off after reading a particularly interesting novel.
Carefully arranged furniture placed underneath a pergola gives the impression of a quaint little room which is in the garden. However it’s not entirely covered u and you could still enjoy the view without having the sun directly in your face.
You could even use the pergola as an anchor for a climbing garden. Have a pergola decorated with clinging vines of small and pretty flowers for a quaint and pretty look. You can unwind in such a beautiful space. Enjoy the spring and summer. Or even if the weather is cool you would still have the shade of the pergola to protect you.
With life being so fast paced and hectic, a sweet little getaway in the form of a pergola can be pretty inviting. Plus it makes a great space for entertaining guests, having a cozy lunch or dinner or simply as an outdoor area for the kids to play in.
A pergola in fact is also a great way to increase the value of your home. Though you might be wondering that you aren’t thinking of selling your home at the moment, consider a pergola as a wise investment. As most home owners know the importance of a beautiful garden, when you actually think of selling your home, the pergola could add up to its resale value.
There are quite a few benefits of having a pergola designed for our garden. When designing a pergola make sure you talk to an experienced pergola builder. Ask them to show you the designs or varieties of pergola to choose from. Once you have made a choice, the pergola builder would visit your home and check out the space to get an idea.
Are you thinking about installing a gate for your farm? Timber gates are your best choice. This is because timber is sturdy and suffers very little structural damage. Plus it can actually add an instant aesthetic appeal to a pastoral setting. There is something quaint and old country about a wooden gate. It has an old worldly charm which perfectly complements a natural setting like a farm house.
There are several benefits of installing timber gates. Some of these are as follows:
- Timber gates are made from sustainable wood. This means that unlike metal gates, there is very little manufacturing involved. This in turn helps reduce your carbon footprint. Timber used for making gates and doors is usually harvested from special plantations.
- A wooden gate can offer a great deal of privacy and protection. It’s actually up to you to make the gate taller and longer for extra protection. Unlike wrought iron gates which have a minimalistic design and may not offer the best privacy, a wooden gate is always a better option when it comes to keeping trespassers away from your home.
- A timber gate strikes the right balance of aesthetics and security. Also it is a more budget friendly option. Also a wooden gate is a better option when it comes to protection against the elements. Unlike iron gates which are prone to rust, a wooden gate can last for a long time. Though wooden gates also require regular maintenance a coat of polish can help protect the wood for a long while.
- Another quality of wood which sets it apart from other materials is that wood tends to age more gracefully when compared to other materials. The look of ageing wood can be aesthetically appealing. It is much easier to repair a wooden gate, just by replacing a bar or two the gate could look as good as new.
- There is also an option for those who are looking for cheap and simple options. The wooden gates are easily customisable and come in simple designs which are easy to design and are easy on the pocket as well.
Readymade timber farm gates
Readymade gates are manufactured in factories and therefore are a better option for those who are on a budget. This is because these gates come with readymade panels which just need to be installed.
Also if you are shot on time thee gates are the best option. While customised timber gates may take months to be designed and processed a readymade gate can just be bought on order and installed that very day.
Just because a gate has been pre made doesn’t mean that it lacks quality. Most of these gates are designed with high quality timber and which can serve just as well as custom built gates.
When choosing a contractor to buy a timber farm gate make sure you choose someone who only uses quality wood for construction.
Finding licensed electrical contractors in Toowoomba doesn’t need to be a difficult task. If you do your research and plan carefully, you can find the right person for the job. You just need to find someone who would provide you with honest electrical work.
Why researching electricians is important?
When people want to purchase something, they often research the various merchandise available in the market. The same goes for services. If you want to hire services of the best electrical contractors, it’s necessary that you research a registered Toowoomba electrician.
The worst mistake which people make is to hire someone based on the verbal promises which they have delivered. It should be kept in mind that the advertisement or the way a contractor has marketed themselves doesn’t speak for their success as an electrician. If they have made any claims, those claims should be backed by the necessary validations. This could be either in the form of any previous work which they have carried out or a good set of testimonials left by previous customers.
So how do you go about finding the best electrical contractor? It’s simple you can do a bit of networking. This means asking people within your circle if they have used the services of a particular contractor. Whether they could suggest you someone who might do a great job. When asking about the electrical contractor ask the following.
- Do they have a license to carry out the electrical work?
- What kind of previous jobs have they handled in the past?
- How much did they charge for a particular project?
- Did they finish the project on time?
- Did they carry out the services in a safe and effective manner?
- Were they honest and fair in their dealings?
Though this may sound like too much hard work, but getting an answer to all these questions is essential. The person who has an affirmative for all of the above is the person you should be hiring. Hiring an electrical contractor should put you at ease, it shouldn’t cause you grief or worry in the future.
Other thing which you should focus on would include
- Checking Google for all the listed licensed electricians
- Also take a look on the internet and see if you could come up with someone in the local searches
- Make a list of reputable electricians
Once you have shortlisted a few people you could set upon getting an interview done. Some contractors might charge you a small fee for a consultations. During the interview you could ask the contractors any questions which come to your mind. Also this is a good time to take a look at their work ethic. Often ethical professionals are honest and upfront about their work. You would see them making statements which are honest and which reflect their dedication to their work.
Moved into a new home? Getting yearly property inspections is one way to ensure that your property stays in mint condition for years. A property is a major investment, this is why it’s so important that it stays in proper condition. When the time comes to sell off the property you would find yourself getting eager buyers.
Any defects in the property could be corrected on time. This in turn helps save you huge sums of money in the future. Minor damages when repaired on time can save from any major problems.
You can have a file on property condition
Yearly property inspections in Melbourne by Gallo allow you to document all the findings in one place. This allows you to document any lease violations while you have given out your property on rent. A qualified building inspector not only helps you assess ay damage to the property but also give suggestions regarding proper maintenance. A property which is well maintained always looks new and is aesthetically appealing a well.
Helps ensure your investment is safe
As a property owner you need to make sure your property is in good condition. After all its one of the biggest investments you would make in your lifetime. A property inspection would help you know whether the smoke detector or the carbon-dioxide detector are in working conditions or not. This way you also ensure the safety of the occupants in your property.
Helps save money in the long run
Timely repairs can prevent any major mishap from happening. It’s a known fact that quite a few home fires are caused by loose cabling or faulty wires. When your property is inspected on a yearly basis the officer can make sure that all the cabling is in proper condition. There is no rat or pest infestation. These pests are known to eat the upper part of the wiring which can lead to sever life threatening situations when not assessed on time. Also appliances tend to not work properly as time passes by. If the smoke detector is not working, changing it on time could save you from any unwanted situation.
Helps validate insurance policies
There are certain cases where land lord insurances state that a yearly property inspection is a necessity. If the property isn’t inspected on time you could stand to lose your yearly insurance. In order to comply with the requirements of the insurance policy yearly building inspections can prove to come in handy.
Helps you retain tenants
As a property owner it is your duty to make sure the home where your tenants live is in good condition. It helps them feel cared for. In turn if they are happy with living in a well maintained home or apartment, they would like to extend the lease and stay on for another year. After all who wants to leave a place which is well cared for and in top condition with no worries about leakages or drainage issues?
An architect is an individual who is properly trained to design and develop a building. If you are looking for build your new home in Sydney from scratch an architect could help you do that. It’s common for one to feel over whelmed while making decisions regarding their new home. There are several things which have to be kept in mind. An architect can help structure your thoughts and put them on paper.
Whether you are looking to remodel an old home or build a completely new one, the following are some of the benefits of hiring an architect.
An architect can help by chalking out a concrete plan for your ideas
Since you are looking t develop your home, there must be several thoughts in your mind. You might also be able to visualise your new or remodelled home but have no way of getting a concrete picture of it. An architect can help you with that. They listen to their clients ad understand what they have in mind. They then put it on paper and later use technology to create a 3 D model which helps client actually see their new home.
There are people who believe hiring an architect is simply an additional expense. However, hiring an architect is always better because a contractor may just build a home but an architect in Sydney can actually help you design it. Homes are built with the family’s needs in mind. The kids are growing to grow older, a newly-wed couple might start a family in the future. An architect keeps all these things in mind and helps design a house according to the client’s future requirements.
Out of the box solutions
Worried about your small budget? Don’t fret, an architect can provide creative solutions which would help maximise space even for those with a smaller budget. They carry out careful planning and research ad understand the space. The result is both cost effective as well aesthetically appealing.
A well designed home is a great investment
If you are having your home designed by an architect you can rest easy knowing that your home would be designed in the best possible way. A well designed home is a great future investment. If you ever think about selling your home, it’s going to fetch a good price.
An architect can help with the planning and completion of your home
Since the architect is the one who designed your home they would have a better idea of how things should work. They could help you choose everything from materials to the hard ware for your home. They have the kind of knowledge which would help you select the right material for several projects.
Help with the negotiations
Not everyone can deal with different contractors who are involved in developing a building. An architect know all the right people and even help you with the negotiations.
Interesting Facts on Solar Energy
Solar power refers to the process of harnessing the energy from the sun and using it to generate electricity. This is done with the help of solar panels. These solar panels when hit with sunlight cause the electrons to become free. The flow of the free flowing electrons results in electricity being produced in the panels.
Solar thermal power plants make use of a variety of techniques to generate electricity. All the energy from the sun is conserved as heat. This heat is then used to drive a solar powered turbine which in turn generates electricity.
The following are a few basic facts on solar energy.
- Despite the fact that the sun is 90 million miles away from Earth, it only takes 10 minutes for the sunlight to reach our planet.
- Photo voltaic cells, solar heating, artificial photosynthesis are only some of the ways the solar energy from the sun can be harnessed and put to further use.
- Solar energy is a renewable source of energy. One example is using solar energy to help generate electricity. Unlike unrenewable sources like coal, fuel and gas, solar energy is one source of energy which we won’t ever run out of.
- One of the largest solar power plant is in the Mojave Desert in California.
- Solar panels are mainly maintenance free. A set of solar panels can last anywhere from two to three decades. Although they are considered an expensive investment but the return on investment is way greater.
- Solar power is one way of generating electricity which has virtually no contribution to pollution. The byproduct of solar power is used in the form of electricity.
- When combined with battery backup, solar energy can help power your homes electrical needs twenty four seven. Plus it would work on days even when it’s not sunny outside. The battery helps save the solar energy only to be put to use when required.
- The major reason why the full potential for renewable solar energy isn’t being tapped into is because of the expense. Most people are unable to invest large amounts of money in buying solar panels. However, there are many incentives being provided by governments which encourage people to invest in solar panels.
- Using solar energy isn’t something being done in this century. In fact thousands of years ago solar energy for used to carry out cooking and other such jobs. During the 700 BC, lenses were used to make fire to fry eggs.
- Solar energy is being used to power quite a number of projects. These include electrical projects, heating plants, biomass and even fuelling transportation. There are several vehicles under progress which would work only with the help of solar power.
- The Masdar City in Abu Dhabi is a planned project of UAE which only makes use of solar power. From cars to every day electrical needs, everything I powered by solar energy. It is also known as solar city.
For more information on solar panels in Melbourne, make sure you check out the best solar panel providers in the Melbourne area.
Thinking about going solar? There are quite a few people who have made use of solar power systems in Brisbane. If you are planning to use solar power for your home, make sure to check out the following steps.
Check out the energy efficiency of your home
Get to know how much energy is required to power the electricity in your home. This way you could be able to decide on the number of solar panels your home would require. Get to know ways in which your home could be losing energy and then make sure you take measures to reduce that loss of energy. Also if you use electricity for heating and cooling your home, you need to make your homes more energy efficient so that the electricity produced by solar panels can be used properly.
Get to know the solar potential of the place you reside in
Solar panels make use of both direct and indirect sunlight to generate solar power. If there is ample sunlight where you live, solar panels are a great option. There are certain mapping services and tools which can help you assess the potential for producing solar energy within your area. Make sure you consider all of the following when assessing the solar potential of your home
- The surrounding area if it is shaded by trees, also consider the trees in your neighbor’s homes. You have got to understand that they may throw shade in the at the solar panels system and reduce its efficiency.
- See whether you need to replace your old roof. If it’s relatively new then you wouldn’t have to.
- Check whether your neighbourhood has any prohibitions on the use of solar panels.
Get to know your solar energy needs
Make sure you gather the following information to help the contractor get an idea of how much solar power your home would require.
- Take a look at previous electricity bills. This would help you know the amount of power your home uses on a monthly basis.
- If you plan on making additional home improvements like extra air conditioners o heaters you would need to mention that as well.
Get a few bids and site assessment from solar panel suppliers
When choosing an installer for solar power systems in Brisbane make sure you choose someone who is qualified and insured to carry out the job. If any friends or family have recently gone solar they would be able to provide you with references. Also ask the following questions when interviewing different contractors.
- Get to know the planning permits for solar panel installation and let the solar panel suppliers know about those permits.
- Do they have references for any other people who have used their services
- Does the company have a license or re they certified? Solar panels should be installed by professionals. This means that the person installing those panels should have an electrical work license.
For more information on solar panel systems in Brisbane, make sure you contact the professionals.
Civil engineers and architects all around the world use different types of building to construct a structure based different requirements of the clients. Six building construction types are-
Base foundations- This is an element of the structure of a building which connects the structure to the ground and plays a role in transferring the weight of the structure to the ground. Foundations laid are either shallow or deep, depending on the land where the structure is built. There are different types of foundation such as the earthfast foundation also called as the post in ground foundation, padstones, stone foundations and rubble trench foundations.
Load Bearing Walls– The load bearing walls act as the active structural element of a building on which the weight of the elements of building is put upon. The weight from the load bearing walls is put on the base foundations of the building. The thickness and height of the load bearing walls is decided based on the height of the building. Without proper estimation and required thickness of the wall, the building might become unstable and collapse. Load bearing walls also help in giving the house a structure and separating one room of the house from the other.
Monolithic Method– This is type of construction where the structure is built from one huge rock or marble. Most of the key components of a house such as the walls, beams, floor slabs, staircases, balconies, and storage lofts these days are built using the monolithic method. The monolithic method has several advantages such as durability, less weight on the load bearing walls or the base foundation, more economical, and can be put as a part of the structure much faster than any other method.
Pre Cast Method– This is a construction product which is produced by casting using a reusable mold or form. This already set structure is the transferred to the construction site and the structure is then attached to the rest of the building. Walls made from pre-cast method are majorly used for interior structures. Pre cast walls are made from compressed concrete or stone.
Steel Framed Structures– This is a type of construction where the skeleton of the building is made from steel structure. The steel structures are made from steel columns and horizontally hoisted beams constructed in rectangular shapes to provide support to the floors of the building. This technique is used for the construction of sky scrapers and other building made from glass.
Concrete Framed Structures– One of the most common type of building structures, concrete framed structures is a type of building whose skeleton is made from concrete. Horizontal elements of the concrete frame are called beams and the vertical elements form the columns. Concrete slabs are used to provide a structure for floors and they act as the primary load bearers of the building.
There is a lot of science and experience behind the construction of a building. The process of constructing a building takes several months and has different logics and techniques attached to it. Civil engineers and architects around the world follow some popular techniques. They are-
Scaffolding– Scaffolding or staging is a temporary structure which is used to support the work crew of the building. It is used by the work crew to pass on materials required for the construction work, maintenance and repair of buildings. Scaffolds are used to get access to heights or places that are hard to get to while constructing a building.
Form Work– Formwork is used to pour concrete or similar materials. Formwork is the temporary or permanent molds into which the concrete is poured. The form work molds are also called as the shuttering molds. There are different types of formwork such as traditional timber formwork, engineered formwork system, re-usable plastic formwork, permanent insulated formwork, Stay-in-place structural formwork, flexible formwork, or slab formwork.
Tying of rebar– Also known as reinforcing bar, this is a steel bar or mesh of steel wires which is used as a tension device for reinforced masonry structures or reinforced concrete. Rebar increases the tensile strength of the concrete structure which is otherwise weak. The compression by rebar is what makes the tensile strength of the concrete stronger.
Concreting– this is the technique which involves pouring concrete into a mass to solidify the area. This involves mixing together various ingredients to make a concrete such as water, cement, aggregate and any other additives required. This technique is time sensitive and should be done with utmost care.
Curing– Curing is a process which is used for maintaining the required moisture content and temperature in a freshly cast concrete for a particular period of time. There are different methods for the curing of concrete such as shading of concrete work by preventing the evaporation of water from the concrete surface, covering the concrete surfaces with wet gunny bags or hessian which are periodically wet, sprinkling of water from time to time on the concrete, ponding method in which small ponds using gunny bags or hessian are created on large concrete slabs, membrane curing in which the concrete surface is covered with a water-proof material, and steam curing where the concrete is exposed to a particular temperature of steam to maintain the moisture.
Brick Work– Brickwork is the masonry produced by using bricks to create a bricklayer. This is used to build walls and other structures in buildings such as cupboards. The usual dimension of bricks is common in majority of the places which is 215mm*102.5mm*65mm.